We are delighted to announce that the Yeats Society has been offered a scholarship for a Sligo-based student to attend the Yeats International Summer School in 2018.
The Summer School runs from Thursday July 19th to Friday July 27th.
The scholarship is sponsored by Ann Margaret Daniel, a New York based scholar and former attendee at the school. Ann is sponsoring the scholarship to honour the work and commitment of Sligo woman Una Lappin who gave a lifetime of voluntary commitment to Yeats, Sligo and the Summer School. The scholarship allows access to all events, readings, performances and plays (only exception is the Poetry workshop).
The criteria for a student to enter for the scholarship is:
- To be in TY, 5th or 6th year
- To tell us why they would like to attend the Summer School
- To explain, in not more than 600 words, what WB Yeats means to them
- To tell us, in not more than 600 words, the significance of volunteering in the local community
- To write a 600 word piece or a poem about the experience at the Summer School – if successful
Applications can be made by email to : firstname.lastname@example.org – Please put UNA LAPPIN SUMMER SCHOOL SCHOLARSHIP in the subject box
by post to: Yeats Building, Hyde Bridge, Sligo. Please ensure you mark the application with UNA LAPPIN SUMMER SCHOOL SCHOLARSHIP
Closing date; 27th April 2018. The applications will be assessed by our scholarship committee.