Mercy College is an all girls Voluntary Catholic Secondary school under the trusteeship of CEIST. Mercy College is dedicated to the provision of quality Catholic education, academic, spiritual, moral, physical, social, aesthetic and vocational which will enable students to achieve their maximum potential in a caring and nurturing environment.
In keeping with the philosophy of Catherine McAuley, founder of the Mercy Congregation we aim:
- To foster a strong Catholic school community in which the spiritual, social and aesthetic gifts of students will be enabled to develop and flourish.
- To enable students to achieve academic/vocational excellence according to their abilities and potential.
- To show care and concern for each student with particular attention to the less able and less privileged and to those with special needs.
- To develop a sense of respect, responsibility, self-esteem and self-reliance in students.
- To awaken in students a sense of social justice.
- To provide opportunities for the personal and professional development of all staff.
- To strengthen links with parents and the wider community acknowledging the importance of partnership in education.
Mercy College Policies are all rooted in our Mission Statement and aims. Policies are ratified by the Board of Management.