First Year 2022 Applications
There are 3 steps to enrolment for the academic year 2022/23
- Download and complete an Application Form and return to Mercy College before 3rd December 2021
- Receive a letter of offer by 7th January 2022
- Accept offer of Admission and return an Enrolment Form to Mercy College by 28th January 2022
Transfer Programme from Primary to Post Primary
To ensure smooth and effective transfer of girls from feeder Primary Schools, principals and parents are encouraged to share information regarding prospective students with the Secondary School. This information includes whether students have previously availed of Resource Hours, students’ Reading Ages, and if they have specific learning difficulties. Mercy College Staff attain this information through school visits and consultation with Primary School personnel and parents. Initial contact is made with parents during the transfer process to assist parental choice.
There is maximum co-ordination regarding the input from various agencies and or interested parties into the planning for student transfer. These agencies include:
- School Completion Programme, which runs a transfer programme for students transferring from Primary school to Secondary.
- NEPS or other Psychologists’ Reports
- Speech Therapists Reports
- Autism Support Service
- Consultation with Home Youth Liaison Personnel
- Mentoring Programmes
- Tutor I Year Head system
All of these programmes and organisations help to ensure a smooth transition for all students to Second Level.